Tinubu’ll attend burial of 17 soldiers unlike Buhari who failed in 2018, 2021 – Presidency

Share this news on:


The Presidency has confirmed that President Bola Tinubu will
attend the burial ceremony of 17 military personnel killed in Delta State.

 

Tinubu’s Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo
Onanuga, said unlike former President Muhammadu Buhari who failed to attend
burial of slain soldiers in 2021 and 2018, Tinubu will be attending.

 

In a post on his X handle on Wednesday, Onanuga said it will
be the first time a President would be paying the last respect to soldiers
killed in service in the last 10 years.

 

“It is confirmed that President Bola Tinubu will be
attending the national burial for the Nigerian military officers and soldiers
killed on 14 March by some gunmen in Okuama community in Delta State.

 

“It is the first time in the last ten years that a Nigerian
President will attend such a solemn event, in honour of our men of gallantry
and valor.

 

“Two other burials in 2021 and 2018 were not graced by the
incumbent. We told you then that @officialABAT cares. He is demonstrating it
yet again,” Onanuga said in the post.

 

Tinubu had earlier mentioned last week that there would be a
befitting burial for the 17 soldiers who were killed while on a peacekeeping
mission in Delta State.



Source link: Nigerianeye

Share this news on: