15-year-old Girl electrocuted in Ogun

Share this news on:


A 15-year-old girl, Miracle Ogbonna, has been electrocuted in Abeokuta, Ogun state capital.

Our correspondent gathered that the incident occurred on Sunday at the Federal Housing Estate, Olomore, Abeokuta.

The teenage girl was said to have been electrocuted after stepping on a naked cable connected to a pumping machine.

Police Spokesman, Omolola Odutola, confirmed the incident to journalists in Abeokuta on Monday.

According to her, Ogbonna’s death was reported to the police by her guardian, one Onyekachi Silas.

Narrating the incident to the police, Onyekachi said, “There was a power outage in the house and Miracle Ogbonna went to the well to fetch water. In the process of fetching the water, power was restored by IBEDC.

“Miracle was tragically electrocuted by a naked cable wire of the pumping machine embedded in the well.

“She was rescued and rushed to Dave Rose hospital, where the duty doctor confirmed her death”.

Odutola disclosed that the police had commenced investigation on the incident, while the corpse of the deceased had been deposited at the morgue.





Source link: Daily Trust/

Share this news on: