Tinubu reacts to release of 24 Kebbi schoolgirls

Tinubu reacts to release of 24 Kebbi schoolgirls


 President Bola Tinubu has welcomed the release of the 24
schoolgirls abducted by terrorists in Maga, Kebbi State, last Monday.

 

Recall that terrorists struck the school at dawn on November
17 and abducted the girls, moments after a military detachment left the
premises.

 

The Kebbi incident triggered other copycat kidnappings in
Eruku, Kwara State, and Papiri, Niger State.

 

It was reported that all 38 kidnapped victims in Eruku were
freed on Sunday.

 

On the same day, the Niger State chairman of the Christian
Association of Nigeria said 50 of the missing students of the Catholic school
in Niger had been found in their parents’ homes.

 

Bayo Onanuga, the spokesperson to the President, said that
Tinubu has applauded the security agents for their efforts in securing freedom
for all the victims taken away by the terrorists.

 

He further tasked the security agencies to intensify efforts
to rescue the remaining students still being held captive.

 

“I am relieved that all the 24 girls have been accounted
for. Now, we must put as a matter of urgency more boots on the ground in the
vulnerable areas to avert further incidents of kidnapping,” Tinubu said,
according to Bayo Onanuga.

 

“My government will offer all the assistance needed to
achieve this,” President Tinubu said.

Click to signup for FREE news updates, latest information and hottest gists everyday

Advertise on NigerianEye.com to reach thousands of our daily users



Source: Nigerianeye

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *