Stats: 776,467 members, 238,908 posts. Date: May 22, 2019, 12:17 pm

Details of fire incident at Benue Government House emerge

By - - [ ]

There was a minor fire incident at the Benue State Government House in Makurdi on Wednesday.

DAILY POST gathered that the refuse around the generator at the maintenance section of the Government House, Makurdi, Wednesday caught fire during routine welding works.

The incident took place between 11am and 12 noon.

Men of the Fire Service were on hand to put out the fire which did not affect the generator and buildings close to the maintenance shed.

When contacted, the Permanent Secretary, Government House Administration, Mr. Iangba Kapu confirmed the incident, saying the prompt intervention of the State Fire Service saved the generator cables from burning.

Mr. Kapu stated that immediately after the fire was put out, he directed the maintenance officer to test-run the generator to ascertain its status and when he did, it picked on fine.

He urged members of the public to disregard insinuations on the social media that it was the office of the Accountant of government house that got burnt.

According to the Permanent Secretary, those peddling such rumours were doing so in order to bring the name of Governor Samuel Ortom and his administration to disrepute to score cheap points.


Others are reading