Everything you need to live well
Brandy is an alcohol savoured with good food and good friends but it can even be flavoured to infuse a fruity taste to it.
In commemoration of the Brandied fruit Day which is celebrated every 20 October, here is how to make a brandied fruit drink with fresh apples.
- 9 cups diced fresh apple
- 5 cups sugar
- 5 cups light brown sugar
- 4 cups very good quality brandy
- In a very large bowl, combine fruit and sugars, stirring well. Cover and let it soften for an hour, heave the contents every 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash and sterilise eight smaller jars, divide the fruit in the eight smaller jars and pour in the brandy.
- Pour brandy in the jars containing the fruit ensuring the fruit is well immersed in the brandy.
- Cover and store in a cool place for at least one month.
- It is stored months in a cool temperature and the older it stays the better. Brandy apparently gets better with time.
You can add the brandied fruit to ice cream, cake or fruit punch.
Others are reading