Rolls Royce is one of the most luxurious cars in the world. A lot of people have the conviction that Rolls Royce is the pinnacle of class and luxury when it comes to the automobile industry.
Rolls Royce is not a car that can be owned by just anybody, you must have reached a certain financial threshold to be able to afford it. Most of the Rolls Royce is owned by the extremely rich people. It has proven to be one of the favorite cars of the rich and famous.
Because of prestige and caliber of people the Rolls Royce cars get to, they ensure everything is done to perfection by the most experienced hands.
Today, we bring you some amazing facts you may not have known about Rolls Royce.
1. Rolls Royce was founded in 1904 by a car dealer, Charles Rolls, and an engineer, Henry Royce. They both teamed up to create the innovative and iconic Rolls Royce car company.
2. The first car Charles Rolls and Henry Royce produced was named Rolls Royce 10 HP. It is the oldest Rolls Royce on road today and it’s owned by Mr. Thomas Love jr. of Scotland.
3. 65% of all the Rolls Royce cars ever built are still on the road today. This is to tell you how well-engineered the Rolls Royce cars are made. The quality of their cars is undoubtedly superb. This gives them edge over every other car brand in the world.
4. The iconic hood ornament is called “The Spirit of Ecstasy”. The majestic hood ornament – The Spirit of Ecstasy – is worth over $40 Million. The BMW group had to pay $40 million just for right to the iconic hood element. As a security feature, they made it possible that the spirit of ecstasy could be lowered into the hood.
5. All Rolls Royce pinstripes are hand-painted by a single man whose name is Mark Court. This man is known for his steady hand. All he ever does is paint pinstripes on Rolls Royce cars and then take his six-figure income. His job is rather high-stress, as the pinstripes are made from a special kind of paint that bonds instantly to the underlying car paint. Thus, there is no room for mistakes.
6. Charles Rolls Was a Record-Breaking Pilot. He became the first pilot to make a nonstop flight from one side of the English Channel to the other, and then back. In a bad way, he was the first British pilot to die in a flying accident, just months after making his English Channel flight. He died in July, 1910.
7. In the production of Rolls Royce cars, it takes one man a day to make a Rolls Royce radiator and then 5 hours are spent polishing it. The Rolls Royce radiator grille is made entirely by hand & eye – No measuring instruments are used.
8. It takes up to 6 months or less to finish the complete production of one Rolls Royce car as opposed to the 13 hours it takes to finish up one Toyota car. The reason it takes this long is that majority of the production processes is done by hands and not programmed robots.
9. Amidst the level of technological advancement, the Rolls Royce engines are hand built. This is among what’s unique about the Rolls Royce brand. Nearly every task is completed by hand and not by a programmed robot.
10. Hong Kong has the most number of Rolls Royce cars in the world. It could be so because they were under Britain from 1841 to 1997.
11. In 2002, BMW finalized the acquisition of Rolls Royce brand from Volkswagen.
12. In 2003, the Rolls Royce Phantom became the first car to be built completely under the BMW group. It shockingly came in 44000 hues (colours) for the exterior and interior.
13. The first car to be completely built by Rolls Royce was the Silver Dawn. It was produced between 1949 and 1955, and a total of 760 of it were made.
14. Rolls Royce cars come with a secret umbrella which is located in a compartment inside the car. The umbrella is a luxurious as the car.
15. The RR letters on the wheels of a Rolls Royce are always in an upward position. They don’t rotate with the wheels.