Girl electrocuted while fetching water from a well in Ogun

Share this news on:


Girl electrocuted while fetching water from a well in Ogun

A 15-year-old girl identified as Miracle Ogbonna, has died after she was electrocuted while fetching water from a well at Omolore housing estate in Abeokuta, Ogun state on Sunday, March 31.

 

In a statement released today April 1, the spokesperson of the command, SP Omolola Odutola, said a case of electrocution was reported to the Divisional Police Officer in Lafenwa by one Onyekachi Silas. 

 

In the statement released, Odutola said Onyekachi narrated to the DPO that his younger brother called him on phone at about 23:50hrs that Miracle who is also the brother’s wife’s younger sister  and residing with them was electrocuted.

 

He said that there was a power outage in the house and Miracle went to the well to fetch water. In the process of fetching water, power was restored by IBEDC. Onyekachi said Miracle was tragically electrocuted by a naked cable wire of the pumping machine imbedded  in the Well. He told the police that Miracle was rushed to Rose Hospital, where the duty Doctor confirmed her dead.

 

Odutola said investigation has commenced into the incident and that the corpse have been deposited at Oke Lantoro morgue.

 



Source link: Linda Ikeji/

Share this news on: