Nigeria News Update

Welcome, My Account / Post News / Read Trending News
Today: Tuesday 25th July 2017 at 04:50:26pm
Home
Post
Politics
Gossips

Earning Opportunity: Make money online with NAP or reading news on NNU Click here to learn more.

All Categories:


« | »

7 Persons Dead As 2 Suicide Bombers Attack Borno

Posted on: May 5, 2017 - Categories: News Update

7 PERSONS DEAD AS 2 SUICIDE BOMBERS ATTACK BORNO

Azeez Adeniyi

Seven persons have been killed after two suspected female suicide bombers attacked Mandarari ward in Konduga Local Government Area of Borno.

The Borno Police Command on Friday confirmed that the attack took place on Thursday.

Malam Murtala Ibrahim of the Borno Police Command Public Relations Unit in a statement said six other persons sustained various degrees of injuries.

He said, “Yesterday at about 22.45 hours, two suspected female suicide bombers detonated explosives strapped to their bodies at Mandarari ward in Konduga LGA, killing themselves and five others. “Six persons sustained various degrees of injuries.

“The corpses and injured persons were evacuated to General Hospital Konduga, and normalcy restored to the area.”

https://ynaija.com/7-persons-dead-2-suicide-bombers-attack-borno/

UPDATED

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/230432-seven-killed-six-injured-another-suicide-bomb-attack-borno.html

The Borno Police Command on Friday confirmed the killing of seven persons after two suspected female suicide bombers attacked Mandarari ward in Konduga Local Government Area of Borno.
Murtala Ibrahim of the Borno Police Command Public Relations Unit, confirmed the incident in a statement he issued in Maiduguri.

Mr. Ibrahim said the attack took place on Thursday night.
“Yesterday at about 22.45 hours, two suspected female suicide bombers detonated explosives strapped to their bodies at Mandarari ward in Konduga LGA, killing themselves and five others.
“Six persons sustained various degrees of injuries.
“The corpses and injured persons were evacuated to General Hospital Konduga, and normalcy restored to the area.”
Use of suicide bombers by the Boko Haram on civilian and military targets appear to be on the increase in 2015.
Earlier on Wednesday night, three suicide bombers who attempted to attack a military outpost were killed by soldiers after which their explosives detonated.
The three female teenage suicide bombers attempted to attack a military outpost popularly known as “Gontanamo” along muna garage at about 10:05 p.m. on Wednesday.
After being sighted by the troops in their attempt to gain access to the premises, the bombers were shot leading to the explosion of their concealed bombs.
The spokesperson of the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, in the North-East, Ibrahim Abdulkadir, confirmed that the corpses of suicide bombers were evacuated by emergency officials
“We have evacuated the corpses of female teenagers. One security personnel who was injured is being treated,” he said.

Share your view via comment box below

0 Responses

Leave a Reply

« | »